I read an article that was talking about how Americans are now cooking from home more than ever and that this trend will continue when quarantine is over. To sum it up we are now enjoying the art of cooking from home more than ordering takeout! I personally am a huge cook from home lover. I love the art of cooking food , I love cooking while singing, dancing and chatting in the kitchen with my family. For me its a form of zen that I really look forward to at the end of the day. And I am a HUGE leftover fan! I love homemade left overs!
But now that the weather is warming up those out door dinners are starting to happen, at least they are in my house. What better way to bring the fun of cooking inside to the outside? I love smoking and grilling outside. And I am truly loving the new Masterbuilt Gravity Series Grill & Smoker! I can control it with my phone, so I set the temperature and time from my kitchen while prepping. Its a game changer! If you want to kickstart your outdoor cooking as well click HERE!
USE CODE: SCOTTER20 FOR 20% OFF!!!!
CHARCOAL SMOKED BISON KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI
· 2 pounds ground Bison meat
· 1/2 onion, small diced
· 2 minced garlic cloves
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon sumac
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· parsley for garnish
1. Heat grill between 375-400F
2. Combine the ground bison meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, cumin, oregano, sumac, cinnamon and cloves in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together.
3. Take a 4 ounce piece of meat from the mixture and mold it around a metal skewer. If you are using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water for 1 hour prior to cooking. Repeat this process with the rest of the meat mixture.
4. Oil the grates of the grill to prevent the kebabs from sticking. Place the skewers on the preheated grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve immediately with tzatziki, pita bread and vegetables like tomatoes and cucumbers.
· 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
· 1 cup cucumber, grated
· 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
· 1 garlic clove minced
· juice of 2 lemon
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small mixing bowl mix all the tzatziki ingredients together. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator till serving. Can be kept in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.