Cardamom Pistachio Brown Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup honey roasted pistachios, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- First start by browning the butter. Add the butter to a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Use a stainless steel pan or a pan that is not dark, so you will be able to see the butter brown. While the butter is melting make sure to stir the butter until the butter turns a toasted brown color. Then quickly remove the pan from the heat and pour the brown butter into a ceramic dish. Let the butter cool down for at least 10 minutes on the counter before using.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the brown sugar, granulated sugar and brown butter. Using the paddle attachment, mix until well combined. Then add both eggs and vanilla extract, blend again for about 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon. Whisk well to combine. Then slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl of the stand mixer, beat on low until just combined. Then add the pistachios and white chocolate chips, beat on low again until just combined.
- Scope the dough into 2 tablespoon balls, place the dough balls on a sheet tray and place the tray in the refrigerator. Chill the dough balls for about 2 hours. The dough needs to chill properly so they don’t spread out.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies a minimum of 2 inches apart for about 13-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the cookies chill on the sheet tray for at least 10 minutes, then place them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Then Enjoy one of the tastiest cookies ever