Quail Couscous Salad with Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
1 package couscous
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
8 whole quail
1 bulb fennel, sliced thin
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
2 oranges, supreme
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, mint, and parsley, mix well to combine.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, and pat the quail dry with a clean paper towel. Season the quail with kosher salt and pepper. Place the quail on the sheet tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a large salad bowl add the cooked couscous and the olive oil dressing, and toss everything together to combine. Then, add the sliced fennel, pomegranate seeds, and oranges, top the salad with the cooked quail and serve.